Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mexican Lasagna

Finally I am posting this. Yes, I know it was supposed to be done last week but better now than never. And I hope you all follow suit and get to posting!! This is a recipe that I tried for the first time not to long ago and Jake and I really liked it. I could not get my picture to upload unfortunately.

14 strips of wide lasagna noodles
1 lb of ground beef
3/4 c chopped onion
1 sm green pepper
1 24 oz jar of salsa
1 7 oz can of corn, drained
1/2-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp chili powder
1 sm tub cottage cheese
3 c shredded chedder cheese
1 sm can sliced olives


Cook noodles and drain. Brown beef, onion and green pepper. Mix in salsa, corn, chili powder and black beans. In a 9 x 13 pan arrange noodles and sauce alternating with cheese between layers. Garnish with extra cheese on top and olives. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Use tooth pics to keep foil from sticking. Let set for 10 minutes before serving. Top with sour cream and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment